When it comes to using Clorox wipes, I find myself frustrated that I don’t know everything in the cleaning solution and that I’m consistently creating single use waste. After doing a lot of googling, I found a recipe from Package Free Shop that worked out perfectly for me!
This is a mild cleaning solution made for disinfecting, not for use on your body.
What You’ll Need:
• 32 oz. wide mouth glass jar (Note: using wide mouth jars is a GAME. CHANGER. for hand washing. You can find a pack of 12 on Target.com)
• 1 old, white t-shirt or cotton flour sack napkin (Note: if cutting flour sack napkins, you may want to finish the edges using a sewing machine as they can fray in washing machine. You can find some on Target.com.)
• Castile soap (I used the one currently in my shower, Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint. Tip: I refill my soap at MOM's Organic Market and bring my own container. They'll get the tare weight for you prior to filling your container up.)
• Filtered water
• Essential oils with cleansing purposes (I used Lemon and Purify from dōTERRA, found here.)
Please note: As a dōTERRA Wellness Advocate, I will receive commission on any purchase made using my ID number.
1. Cut t-shirt or flour sack napkin into approximately 12 square pieces and place aside. (If desired, finish edges using a sewing machine before continuing on.)
2. After cleaning your jar, add 6-12 drops of essential oils.
3. Add 1 tsp of Castile soap.
4. Add filtered water to fill approximately 1/3 of your jar.
5. Stir with a metal spoon (knife, fork, etc.).
6. Add in your fabric pieces one by one.
7. Push fabric pieces down into the solution using your metal utensil.
8. Let fabric soak before use.
It’s as simple as that! I use an empty jar to collect my dirty wipes and will add them to my regular wash cycle when the jar is full. Less waste, less chemicals, AND a customizable scent! If you're looking for a little more power, feel free to add white vinegar to your recipe.
How are you cleaning your home? Let me know over on our Facebook page and check out this other DIY cleaning post: All Purpose Cleaner.
Jamie is a musician, avid lover of nature, and a dog momma living a more sustainable life each and every day.